NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC – (RealEstateRama) — New Hanover County and the City of Wilmington’s Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Workforce/Affordable Housing has established its meeting schedule for the remainder of the year. All meetings will take place at New Hanover County’s Executive Development Center, located at 1241 Military Cutoff Road in Wilmington from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The meeting dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016 (Note: this meeting will be held at the New Hanover County Government Center, located at 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403 in HR Conference Room B)
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016
The 14-member Ad Hoc Committee on Improving Workforce/Affordable Housing was established by county and city officials to conduct a comprehensive examination of workforce/affordable housing efforts, along with the demand for and supply of such housing, and recommended “best practices” that would be most appropriate to improve and increase the stock of available workforce housing in this region. This committee is expected to recommend specific immediate, short and long-term strategies, along with the identification of key stakeholders whose involvement will be critical to achieving success.
For questions about this newly-established committee, please contact the county’s staff liaison, Jennifer Rigby, at 910-798-7237 or the city’s staff liaison, Suzanne Rogers, at 910-341-5809.
Communications & Outreach Coordinator