Workshop Will Provide One-on-One Counseling Sessions for Residents Facing Foreclosure or Bankruptcy; Pre-Registration Is Required
City of Durham Homeownership & Foreclosure Prevention Workshop
City of Durham Departments of Neighborhood Improvement Services and Community Development, SunTrust, Triangle East Chapter of 100 Black Men, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Durham Regional Community Development Group, Neighborhood Pride Alliance, John T. Orcutt, P.C., and State Employees Credit Union
Thursday, August 13, 2009, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
2828 Pickett Road
Durham, N.C. 27705
• Durham homeowners facing foreclosure or bankruptcy can again seek help thanks to another City-sponsored home foreclosure prevention and intervention workshop.
• This workshop will provide one-on-one, comprehensive counseling sessions for foreclosure prevention and intervention; homebuyer counseling; and loss mitigation counseling. Bankruptcy attorneys will also be available as well.
• Pre-registration is required. Interested participants can pre-register by calling (919) 560-1647, ext. 34266 or online at www.durhamnc.gov/departments/nis/foreclosure_workshop.cfm.
• Pre-registered participants are also encouraged to bring multiple documents to this workshop, such as a deed of trust, correspondence from their mortgage company, and more. The complete checklist can be found on the City’s Web site at www.durhamnc.gov/departments/nis/pdf/foreclosure_checklist.pdf.
• For more information, contact Cynthia Mebane-Watts, community relations coordinator with the City’s Department of Neighborhood Improvement Services, at (919) 560-1647, extension 34265 or via e-mail at cynthia.mebane-watts (at) durhamnc (dot) gov.